Effective Business Writing Skills (EBWS)
Whether it’s a well crafted email, a powerful proposal, an important executive summary or a well thought out report, effective business writing skill is your passport to crisp communication and better results.
Recommended class size 10-15 delegates. Offered in-house. Duration 1 or 2 days (depending on modules required).
- Identify and address writing challenges;
- Identify ways to make writing simpler and easier to read and understand (more “readable”);
- Different ways to document and communicate information – choosing the correct medium;
- How to package your message in an attractive, professional manner that achieves the desired results;
- To increase confidence in own writing ability.
Introduction and overview
- Objectives & definitions
- Top 10 Challenges (Icebreaker)
- The 5 C’s
- Strategies to ensure your writing is well received and achieves the desired results
- Selecting the appropriate method of communication
The client selects the required modules from the list below.
In each of the modules below, the following content is covered:
- Identifying the intended audience and their expectations
- Purpose and function of the document / communication
- Planning the document: logical sequence
- Components of the document
- Structure and lay-out (format)
- Using an appropriate style and tone
- Checklists – did I hit the mark?
- Characteristics of an effective document
- Persuasive Proposals
- Comprehensive Reports
- Business plans
- Business letters
- Netiquette (E-mail etiquette)
- The use of minutes and agenda to run effective meetings
Conclusion and practical implementation
- Overcoming barriers to effective communication
- Grammar and writing mechanics
- Editing and revising
- How to write persuasively
Summary and wrap up
Welcome to the information and booking page for this intensive Business Writing Skills (BWS) course that will change forever the way you communicate in writing – for the better!
If you want to write more effective emails, proposals, motivations, reports, memos, letters or any other kind of business writing – then this programme will provide you with all the tools you need to become a more effective written communicator.
The programme combines lecture, video, discussion, exercises, and participation. We run from 08h30 to 16h30 on both days
For more information phone us on +2711 804 3520 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.