Recommended 10-15 delegates. Offered in-house. Available as a public programme in Johannesburg in 2013. Dates on the right hand side of this page. Two full days depending on client’s requirements.
Whether it’s an email, a persuasive proposal, an important report or a letter, your writing says volumes about your professionalism. Skillful business writing can make your reputation and earn you the respect you deserve. Poor writing can destroy it.
1. Introduction and Context
- How to ensure that your message is packaged in an attractive, professional manner that achieves the desired results.
- General writing guidelines
A selection may be made from the following modules:
2. Persuasive proposals
3. Comprehensive reports
6. Minutes & Agenda
7. E-mail etiquette
In each of the modules above, the following content is covered.
- Identifying the intended audience & their expectations
- Purpose & function of the document
- Planning the document
- Components of the document
- Background information and how it affects the selection of appropriate method
- Structure & lay-out (format)
- Style & tone
- Checklists – did I hit the mark? Characteristics of an effective document
8. Strategies to ensure that your writing is well received and achieves the desired result.
- Overcoming barriers to effective communication
- The importance of revising and editing
Recognizing errors and checking for accuracy
- Using plain language in business
- Logical sequence
- Attractive information packaging: Writing positively and persuasively
- Hand-out: Persuasive writing assessment
Conclusion and application
Practical application: examples from the workplace are used for discussion & analysis with a view to making improvements.
Please note that this is our standard outline. As there a different kinds of business writing depending on the context, this programme can be adapted to the needs of the client for in-house training.
In order to assist us to prepare an accurate quotation for you, please complete and submit the course information questionnaire: