In-house only – not available as a public course. Two full days. Recommended 10-16 delegates.
Conflict in the workplace is certainly not abnormal. But whether it is interpersonal, interdepartmental, social or racial, continual gossip, back-biting, heated arguments and strife lead to unnecessary stress and diminished productivity. It’s debilitating for the individuals involved and seriously damages a company’s performance if the root causes are not adequately addressed.
The good news is that conflict can be managed and positively channeled. Individuals that possess the skills to confront and address workplace conflict make up powerful teams who succeed together in an harmonious, cooperative environment.
Conflict Resolution addresses these key interpersonal issues and teaches implementation of these vital skills. It facilitates the agreement of action plans for resolution, and provides tools for “on the job” diagnosis and resolution of potential conflict.
Using a blend of lecture, case studies, role play and practical examples delegates focus 2 full days on the skills of proactively managing conflcit and potentially damaging interpersonal situations in the workplace.
The programme contains eleven modules as follows:
- Module 1: Introduction to Conflict
- Module 2: The Nature of Conflict
- Module 3: The Context (background) of Conflict
- Module 4: The Value of Diversity
- Module 5: Recognising Conflict
- Module 6: The Stages of Conflict
- Module 7: Diagnostic Tools
- Module 8: Conflict Handling Guidelines & Strategies
- Module 9: Conflict Handling Styles
- Module 10: Communication Framework
- Module 11: Barriers, Solutions and Action Plans
[message_box color=”blue”]Outcome: Delegates will emerge with the tools to manage conflict situations proactively and the strategies to implement what they have learned.[/message_box]