Effective Time Management (ETM)
Two full days. Recommended 10-16 delegates. Offered in-house only.
This 2 day programme is aimed at improving effectiveness and productivity. Time Management is self-management. This programme focuses on attitude, analysis, planning and habits.
Time is a unique resource. Each of us has the same amount of time each day, yet few of us seem to have enough. The challenge is to achieve more in less time.
All company staff.
Our facilitators use lecture, interaction, visual presentations, international best practice videos, role-play, and case studies. A certificate of attendance is awarded upon completion of the programme. and assessment against National unit standards can be arranged separately.
- Time… Definition and interpretation. How to use it and not abuse it.
- Identifying time wasters. Understanding individual strengths and weaknesses regarding time management.
- Understanding the importance of habits and action planning
- Planning, goal setting, and scheduling.
- The Priority matrix – focusing on high-leverage activities that will increase return on investment
- The impact of attitude and goals on setting priorities
- Handling interruptions, correspondence, telephones, paper flow and visitors
- How to improve meetings
- Conquer procrastination
- Identify and reduce stress – maintaining balance
Time management is the key to improved productivity, with less stress, and more leisure time. This programme will show you how to achieve this (Duration 2 days).
Module 1: Analysing, Setting goals, Planning & Scheduling and Prioritising
- Personal Time Management
2. Setting goals
- How do we set goals?
3. Planning & Scheduling
- Time Management Matrix
Module 2: Desk organisations, effective use of the telephone, handling interruptions and delegation
- Personal organisation
- Desk Organisation
- Effective use of the telephone
- Handling interruptions
- The Delegation Matrix
- Guidelines of delegation
Module 3: Meetings, Procrastination and Self-Management
- Factors to consider before having a meeting
- The role of the chairman
3. Effective Self-manager
Module 4: Stress management
1. What is stress?
2. Skills for managing stress