Two full days. Recommended 10-15 delegates. In-house only – not available as a public course.
The programme takes delegates on a journey of self-discovery – to understand the sources of their own stress, to place these factors in context and to gain perspective. It equips delegates with coping mechanisms to deal with stress.
- Improving and building on stress management skills and competencies
- Identify the causes of both positive and negative stress
- To equip delegates with an understanding of stress
- How stress impacts health, work performance and interpersonal relationships
- Equip delegates with strategies to manage and deal with stress, coping mechanisms. A stress management plan
To equip delegates to manage stress in their personal lives and work situations in order to improve their quality of life. The qualifying learner is capable of:
- Describing stress in personal life and work situations.
- Analysing the causes of stress in personal life and work situations.
- Describing reactions to stress.
- Applying strategies to manage stress in personal life and work situations
All staff. Delivery and content is adapted to the level and needs of the delegates. For maximum effectiveness, no more than 15 delegates are accommodated per programme.
Our facilitators use lecture, interaction, visual presentations, international best practice videos, role-play, and case studies. A certificate of attendance is awarded upon completion of the programme.
Module 1: Introduction
- Understanding stress
- Positive stress
- Negative stresses
Module 2: The causes of stress
- Understanding Causes of Stress In Your Life
- Your Stress Diary
- Stress SWOT Analysis
Module 3: Reactions to stress
- Behaviour reactions to positive stress (longer-term/short-term stress)
- Behaviour reactions to negative stress
- Impact on health
- Impact on work performance
- Impact on personal relationships
Module 4: Strategies to manage stress
- Coping mechanisms
- Pro- and reactive stress management
- Stress management plan