Effective Business Writing Skills (EBWS)
Whether it’s a well crafted email, a powerful proposal, an important executive summary or a well thought out report, effective business writing skill is your passport to crisp communication and better results.
Recommended class size 10-15 delegates. Offered in-house.
Duration 1 or 2 days (depending on modules required).
- Identify and address writing challenges;
- Identify ways to make writing simpler and easier to read and understand (more “readable”);
- Different ways to document and communicate information – choosing the correct medium;
- How to package your message in an attractive, professional manner that achieves the desired results;
- To increase confidence in own writing ability.
Introduction & Overview
- Objectives & definitions
- Top 10 Challenges (Icebreaker)
- The 5 C’s
- Strategies to ensure your writing is well received and achieves the desired results
- Selecting the appropriate method of communication
You The Client Selects…
…only the required content and modules from the selection below:
- Identifying the intended audience and their expectations
- Purpose and function of the document / communication
- Planning the document: logical sequence
- Components of the document
- Structure and lay-out (format)
- Using an appropriate style and tone
- Checklists – did I hit the mark?
- Characteristics of an effective document
- Persuasive Proposals
- Comprehensive Reports
- Business plans
- Business letters
- Netiquette (E-mail etiquette)
- The use of minutes and agenda to run effective meetings
Conclusion & Practical Implementation
- Overcoming barriers to effective communication
- Grammar and writing mechanics
- Editing and revising
- How to write persuasively
Tell Us About Your Specific Requirements
Effective Business Writing Skills is by definition a customised programme and can be run over 1 or 2 days.